Thursday, February 5, 2009

A quick quote before bed...

"And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter - they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped inside you so long. Yes, there is joy, fulfillment and companionship - but the loneliness of the soul in it's appalling self-conciousness, is horrible and overpowering-" Sylvia Plath

This quotation held strong in my youth and I've been trying to dig it up recently. I had the book on my shelf and found it dog-eared. In this moment, in all moments as of late, it has fit perfectly, snuggly.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found that quote. I wonder what paths that woman walked? To be so wise, to see things in such a dark but clear way. She must have seen it all.

    ReplyDelete